- You need support when feeding, especially if you are feeding twins. When you surround yourself with supportive people who encourage you and have your back when you are feeling unsure, half the battle of yours’ is won!
- Try to get both your little ones on the same feeding schedule. We know it is easier said than done, but try! You need sleep! So syncing each of their feeding cycles with the other will help you tremendously.
- Position is of the utmost importance, now especially when you have two mouths to feed. You could try to hold 1 each of your little one under each arm and take it from there or try to position your baby’s head at your breast and feet face down, in order to avoid gas or even reflux.
- Be real with the kind of expectations that you have. You need rest, you cannot stay awake around the clock to feed the babies. Make sure you take rest so that you do not end up piling all those sleepless nights up and then just crash one day!
- Always check that your little ones are latched onto you well.
- If you think the little ones seem hungrier and want more feedings in a day, do not be afraid to indulge them. Feeding the little ones more will only stimulate your breasts to produce more milk.
Elevate your pregnancy experience with our innovative pregnancy tracker.