- You have to, first of all, make up your mind that you indeed want to lose weight, keeping aside everything you might have heard about it. A positive approach to anything is always the best.
- Nutrient dense foods are your best friend right now. Nutrient dense foods like foods rich in proteins will not only fulfil your nutritional requirement, but will also tremendously help your baby too, since he/she is dependant solely on your milk to get the right nutrients.
- Eat regular meals, even when it seems like you will not be able to do so. One way of ensuring that you are able to do this, is by keeping healthy snacking foods like nuts, fruits, yogurt close at hand.
- Things like salads and overnight oats too can easily be prepared, and can stay in your refrigerator, till the time you are in need of them.
- Meal Planning: Planning your meals is an essential part of establishing a routine that will help you brilliantly when it comes to losing post-pregnancy weight. Think of a dish that you can have not once, but for 2-3 meals. Have 1 portion of it once you prepare, and merely freeze the rest till the time you are in need of it.
- Physical Activity: Being physically active in the post-pregnancy stage could literally make a huge difference to your weight-loss agenda.Ofcourse we are not suggesting you to go hit the gym or start doing weights all of a sudden, but moderate physical activity is very essential when it comes to contributing to the weight loss process. The simplest of things like taking your baby out for a walk, or going to buy groceries can make or break your journey towards post-pregnancy weight loss.
- Say Yes to extra calories: Now, that you are breastfeeding your baby, you also need to start making sure that the amount of calories you consume, helps you and your baby grow healthier. We always advise our clients to consume an extra 500 calories when compared to the amount of calories they were consuming prior to their delivery. Remember, your baby’s nutrition depends, quite literally, on the amount of calories you consume!
Elevate your pregnancy experience with our innovative pregnancy tracker.