“It is easier to build up a child than it is to repair an adult. So, choose your words wisely.”
The present generation of kids has been observed to be more aggressive, rebellious, blunt and insensitive towards their fellow mates or people around. Of course we cannot deny that they are positively more determined and goal oriented than we were. But, the question still remains, how we can teach the basic mannerisms and its importance in our growing toddlers to avoid bringing up an insensitive child. Manners play a vital role in building a child’s personality. The hardest job, kids’ face today is learning good manners without seeing any. How can we instil good mannerisms in our growing toddlers? Well, here are few tips which every parent should keep in mind while raising their young ones:
- Be an EXAMPLE YOURSELF. Kids learn by seeing their parents and the people around in the family. So, care should be taken by parents in the exhibition of their manners and language in the presence of their toddlers.
- Do not over react when you find your toddler being ill-mannered. Speak to your child gently, in person and find the cause of such behaviour. Many a times children behave in an ill-mannered way to seek attention or if they find the word funny.
- Be vigilant of your toddler’s play friends. Children have a sharp memory and strong imbibing power in their early childhood phase.
- Give attention and praise when your child uses polite language.
- Gently find out the cause of the use of rough language. Many a times children tend to use bad words while exploring language. They may also be trying to express a feeling like frustration.
- Try talking to your child and explain about the choice of words. For example, you could say, “We don’t use words that upset people.”
- Be aware of what your child watches, listens and plays with. Access to TV or gadgets should be under adult supervision.
Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feeling of others. Home being the first institution of learning plays a very vital role in the development of a child. Parents are the first teachers in a toddler’s life. We need to remember, children are like natural mimics who act like their parents. So, be a Role Model for your growing toddlers.
One Reply to “How to Prevent Kids From Picking Up Bad Words”
This blog is really helpful for me. Thank uh