Like folic acid being one of the most important nutrients to include in your diet.
Did you know that when you are pregnant you actually need double the amount of iron than you normally need? This is basically because the new red blood cells that will develop post conception need iron to develop effectively.
These red blood cells are the ones that carry the oxygen throughout your body to the organs and tissues and to your developing foetus as well.
There are many foods that you can include in your diet to give you your much needed dose of iron daily.
- Dark, leafy vegetables like spinach, kale etc.
- Berries like strawberries and raspberries
- Dried fruits like apricots, prunes or figs
- Eggs especially when you include the yolk when eating
- Brussel Sprouts
- Unrefined sugars like molasses
- Fortified cereals
Including these in your diet on a daily basis can have tremendous benefits for your health and for your baby’s health, so try not to skip them.