Now that you baby has come into this world, you are all ready to nourish the little one to the fullest and make sure that he/she becomes completely healthy. But it also goes without saying that during this time, since you will be busy feeding your baby the nest six months and providing the little one will all the nourishment he/she needs, you too need to be taking care of your health.
Here are 5 smoothie recipes that will go a long way in ensuring you stay healthy too while taking care of your baby:
Banana and Oatmeal Smoothie
- 1 cup milk (unsweetened plant based milk if needed)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup cooked oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup or choice of sweetner
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
The method is simple as ever. Simply add all the ingredients in a blender and blend!
Mango Lassi Smoothie
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Like every other smoothie recipe, simply start by adding the milk to a blender and follow it up with other ingredients. Blend and enjoy.
Honey and Peach Smoothie
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 2/3 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/3 cups frozen peach slices
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
Add and blend and you are all set.
The Super Healthy Green Smoothie
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 chunks of a ripe avocado
- 3/4 cup cucumber pieces
- 1 cup frozen green grapes
- 1/4 teaspoon peeled and grated ginger
- Agave nectar (or choice of sweetner)
Blend everything in a blender and add more agave if you find the sweetness is less.
Note: If you do not want coconut milk then you can substitute it with any other milk that you prefer because your baby might not find the strong flavour of the coconut milk too appealing, since it can also affect the taste of breast milk.
Blueberry Yoghurt Smoothie
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2/3 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or choice of sweetener
Blend and finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon