All that a baby needs is pretty much available in the mother’s milk, but there are many nutrients that your baby needs that are vital for the little one’s growth and development.
Calcium is needed for the development of strong bones and teeth in the young one. If not for calcium, such development of both these important elements of the body will not be possible for that toddler of yours.
Iron is wonderful when it comes to helping the body of your baby build blood cells and also helps the brain develop better. Apart from that, iron also helps in keeping your baby’s skin and hair healthy. Iron is also necessary to help maintain a healthy immune system thus keeping infections at bay quite effectively.
Zinc helps in the growth of cells and also helps the cells repair themselves.
Apart from doing all that iron does for the body, like making the baby’s skin and hair healthier and improving the immune system function, fat also helps brilliantly when it comes to creating energy in the body.
Protein and Carbohydrates
Carbohydrates are brilliant when it comes to providing energy to your little one’s body, and protein helps wonderfully in the overall growth process.
Other Important Nutrients
- Vitamin A helps keep the skin, hair, vision, and the immune system healthy.
- Vitamin B1 is basically used by the body to turn food into energy.
- Vitamin B6 helps keep the brain and immune system healthy.
- Vitamin B12 is a key nutrient in keeping nerve and blood cells health. It also helps in making DNA — the genetic material in every cell.
- Vitamin C is extremely useful in protecting the body against infections, helps builds bones and muscles, and also helps heal wounds.
- Vitamin D is brilliant when it comes to help the body absorb calcium from food, and keeps bones and teeth healthy.