Many times we moms need to stay at work for long hours and the baby has to stay under the care of his father. However, fathers are clueless about baby’s food and don’t know what to do when the baby cries for food. Whenever they enter the kitchen, they don’t know where to begin as it is overwhelming, but there are several easy-peasy recipes that can be made within a few minutes without stressing much on the baby.If you as a father are always wondering what to cook for your baby tonight, then you can choose any easy recipes that the baby will enjoy and they are full of nutrients too. So to all the fathers out there, let’s get started.
Here are some recipes:
- Buttermilk Smoothie: It is very easy to make and you don’t require many ingredients for this. Add 125ml buttermilk and 30gms banana to a mixer, add in 5gms of sugar and pulse the mixer. Within a few minutes, you will get a healthy smoothie that is good for your baby.
- Semolina Porridge: Add 20gms Semolina to a pan and dry roast it on medium heat. Add 125ml milk and boil for 5-10 minutes, until semolina is cooked and mixture thickens a bit. Add 5gms of sugar and stir well. Cool down for a while and feed the baby.
- Vermicelli in milk: Add 20gms of vermicelli to a pan and dry roast it on medium heat. Add 125ml milk and cook for 10-12 minutes until the vermicelli is cooked. Add 5gms of sugar and stir well. Feed it to the baby only after it has cooled down.
- Broken wheat Upma: Take 20gms daliya and roast it in 5gms of ghee. Add 125ml of water and cook till the daliya is soft. Add salt and stir well. You can also add mashed veggies to it. Cool down completely and then feed the baby.
- Mixed vegetable soup: Take a pressure cooker; add 30gms of potato, 30gms of tomato, 30gms carrot, and 30gms of radish, 20gms of spinach and some springs of coriander. Add 250ml of water and salt. Pressure cook the soup to two whistles and let it rest. Open and blend the mixture. Sieve the soup and boil it again. Cool and feed the baby.
- Curd and rice: Boil 20gms of rice and drain the water. Add 20gms of curd and some salt. Make sure that curd is at room temperature. It is a very healthy meal that can be made easily.
- Boiled egg sandwich: Boil one egg for 20 minutes. Crack the shell and peel it. Cut it into slices. Cut the sides of the bread to make it soft and spread some butter on it. Place slices of egg on the bread and sprinkle some salt and very little pepper and place the other slice on top. Cut it into half and feed only half at one time. This one is great for toddlers.
- Fruit smoothie: Add 40gms Banana, 20gms strawberry and 125ml milk to a mixer along with 5gms of sugar. Pulse it in the mixer, until smooth. Feed with a spoon or fill it in the tumbler.
- Fruits with yogurt: Cut 20gms of each fruit like Banana, strawberry, kiwi, apple and grapes into very small chunks and add to 50gms smooth yogurt. Add 5gms of sugar and stir well. Make sure that yogurt is at the right temperature. Feed the baby.
- French fries: Cut two potatoes into thin and long strips and dip in the water. Fry them in cooking oil, until golden brown. Sprinkle some salt on top and feed with tomato ketchup.
I have listed the easiest and less time consuming quick-fix recipes for all the daddies, who are babysitting their kids and letting their better half work late or spend some leisure time for themselves.
Tip-Don’t forget to cool the food before feeding the child and give small portions to avoid throw-ups.
3 Replies to “Easy baby recipes for dads”
I will try this
Awesome.very Much Useful