Craft is a fun way to stimulate creativity in children from a young age. Not only are these creative activities fun, but they also allow you to bond with your little one. In addition, these fun craft ideas boost sensory development in children. So why restrict colors to a footprint stamp of your tiny one? Grab some art supplies and try these five simple craft ideas to enjoy with your baby!
1. Fruit Stamping
It’s time to have fun! Who knew that edible items could be used as a craft supply? Well, now you know. Follow these simple steps to help your little one bring out the artist in him!
- Grab a fruit, say an apple. Cut it in half.
- Now take the half-cut fruit and dip it in the watercolor of your choice.
- Allow your baby to hold the paint-dipped apple and stamp it on paper.
You can use any fruit of your choice. If you want to teach your little one about fruit names, use this fun activity as a lesson!
2. Bubble wrap art
Everybody loves to pop bubble wraps. But do you know how you can use them as an art template for your cute one? Don’t worry, here is the answer!
Grab a bubble wrap, some paint, and a paintbrush. It’s time to have fun! Who knew that edible items could be used as a craft supply? Well, now you know. Follow these simple steps to help your little one bring out the artist in him!
- Grab a bubble wrap, some paint, and a paintbrush.
- Dip the brush in paint.
- Allow your baby to hold the brush and paint on the bubble wrap!
Yes, it’s that easy! Watch your little one have fun with colors. Furthermore, these colorful crafts are the best sensory exercises for your cute ones! Activities like holding items (say, a paintbrush) promote fine motor development in kids. And don’t worry about the mess because the baby skincare wipes from MamyPoko will take care of your little one’s hygiene.
3. Time to play hide and hunt!
Who knew kitchen ingredients could be so crafty! This time, grab a big bowl full of rice. Hide little things such as small toys in the bowl. Let your baby use his cute hands to discover the toys hidden in the bowl. You’ll be amazed to see the happiness on your little one’s face after he discovers his toy! The rice hide and hunt game gives a cool sensory experience. In addition, it feels like an achievement for the baby after he finds his hidden toys all by himself.
4. Some more bubbles!
You must have seen that sparkle in your little one’s eyes when he sees bubbles. Bubbles are a perfect play partner for your cute one! But babies have sensitive skin. It is advisable to avoid using ready-made bubble solutions. Rather, you can use handmade natural and colorful bubble charlotte for your baby.
- Just make a normal soap solution, and remember to use unscented soap.
- Pour some essential oils, like lavender oil.
- Add the food color of your choice. You can use any color, like purple for lilacs.
- Your handmade bubble solution is ready!
5. Some more color! Bead bags
Everyone knows that colors attract babies. For this colorful and fun activity, you’ll require:
- Water beads
- Ziploc bags
Follow these steps to make water bead bags for your little one!
- Grab water beads from a nearby store. Soak them overnight in water.
- Get your Ziploc bags out and fill them halfway with water.
- Add a scoop of soaked water beads. In addition, add a few drops of color.
- Seal the bags with duct tape.
Your little one’s squishy water bead bags are ready. Yes, it’s that easy to make these crafty mushy bags. Have fun watching your child play with these colorful cushion bags!